Academic Journals Donated to the Institute of Philosophy and Law (Feb 3, 2006)
2006 Press Releases
Academic Journals Donated to the Institute of Philosophy and Law
February 3, 2006
Consul General Stepanchuk presented a collection of political science journals to the Institute of Philosophy and Law on February 3. The collection, donated by professor Frank Kliberg from Southern Illinois University, included 2000 academic periodicals the first of which was published in 1922. Also attending the presentation were Valeriy Alexandrovich Chereshnev, chairman of the Urals branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (UrO RAN), Yevgeniy Pavlovich Romanov, UrO RAN senior academic secretary and Victor Nikolayevich Rudenko, director of the Institute of Philosophy and Law.
The presentation coincided with an international conference, "Political science and political process in the Russian Federation and new independent states", that was hosted by the Institute of Philosophy and Law. The conference attracted participants from more then 10 countries including Armenia, Byelorussia, Great Britain, Georgia, Kyrgistan, Lithuania, Ukraine, France, Japan, Chez republic.